- An applicant must be 21 years of age to drive interstate. Further, an applicant between 18 and 21 years may enroll to our program but will be able only to drive intrastate.
- All applicants must have a valid driver’s license from the state in which they reside.
- Applicants will be interviewed by an admissions representative who will thoroughly explain the program in detail and discuss job opportunities.
- An enrollment contract will be completed if the applicant’s interest, previous driving record and ability to benefit from the program all appear acceptable by the school.
- All applicants must be able to read, write and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public and must also be able to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language.
- Applicants must request a copy of all applicable driving records from the State(s) Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Each individual must complete and pass the Department of Transportation’s Physical Examination, Drug Screen and met the requirements of the Motor Carriers’ Federal Safety Regulations, Section 391(Qualifications of Drivers).
Substances Tested For:
The following substances will be tested for to determine their presence or not:
- Alcohol (If There is a Reasonable Suspicion)
- Marijuana Metabolites
- Cocaine Metabolites
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
- MDA-Analogues (Ecstasy)
- 6 Mono-Acetyl Morphine (Heroin)
A positive test result will trigger SAP - Substance Abuse Professional process which financially will be responsibility of the student. Student will be provided by the school with a list of certifies SAP providers.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF PAYMENTS
- Money Order
- Credit & Debit Cards, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express
- Payment Plans (Approved by School)
- Michigan Works Vocational Grants
- Michigan Rehabilitation Services Grants
Our School is committed to an environment that is free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or any other basis protected by Federal, State or Local laws. In an effort to prevent such illegal harassment or discrimination from occurring, we communicate this policy to everyone. No student of GTRTS is exempt from this policy.