Types of Commercial Licenses
Class A--Commercial Driver License
Any combination of vehicles with a GCWR--Gross Combination Weight Rating ) of 26,001 pounds or more provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds.
Class B--Commercial Driver License
- Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 pounds or more.
- Any vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 pounds or more, pulling a vehicle with a GVWR of 10,000 pounds or less
- A single vehicle designed to transport 16 or more passengers (including the driver) if the GVWR is 26,001 pounds or more.
Class C--Commercial Driver License
- Any vehicle with a GVWR of less than 26,001 pounds transporting hazardous materials for which placarding is required
- Any vehicle transporting 16 or more passengers, including the driver, with a GVWR of less than 26,001 pounds.
CDL Driver: U.S. Citizenship or Legal Presence Documentation Required.
Refer to this documentation
General Questions about Commercial Driver License
If you don't have any Driver License and wants to know for requirements how to obtain an operator refer to this document of Secretary of State Office